THE QUALITY OF STEELS
Over time and with use, even the best-quality knives lose their cutting edge. Using a honing steel will give your knives the cutting edge that they need.
A BRIEF TECHNICAL OVERVIEW
Selected for sharpening the hardest stainless steel knives, we use special high-carbon steels.
Example: LIME 100C6 steel (1% carbon)
Designed to give a good “BITE”.
THE 3 FISCHER CUTS:
Enables sharpening – recommended for occasional use (blunt, worn knives). Highly abrasive effect.
Perfectly restores the cutting edge of professional blades. Combines edging and sharpening.
- EXTRA-FINE (FISCHROM range):
Restores the edge. Ideal for preserving the “razor edge” of an already sharp knife.
A UNIQUE KNOW-HOW
The MATERIAL selected to sharpen : steel with high carbon content with chrome, manganese and silicon.
Steel used : FILE steel 100 C6 (1 % carbon content)
The heat treatment gives the hardness. Thanks to our very efficient material, FISCHER insures this essential point of the production of sharpening steels. A treatment insuring hardness from 64 to 66 HRC, enables the sharpening of all knives currently on the market.
- The coating : protection against corrosion with a HARD CHROME coating from 8 to 10 microns. This micro coating increases the superficial hardness of the edge from 3 to 4HRC
- The magnetization keeps the tiny particles of the grinding process on the steel in order to protect food.
- Everything... up to the handle, with its ergonomic shapes, the materials used, the protective guard has been studied to satisfy the most demanding customers.
HOW TO USE
Slide the full length of the knife blade along to the full length of the sharpening steel with gentle pressure in the direction shown by the drawing. Then, guide the blade along the whole length of the opposite side of the steel. Repeat the process several times on both sides. It is very important to maintain the same angle of 15° to 20°. For more details : see the “sharpening technique animation” on our website.
- Each day, clean with clear water or very soft detergents. • Dry with a soft cloth.
- Store in a dry place.
- Do not use as tool or as lever.